A dirty job, but someone has to do it
Caustic cleaning has always been a necessary, but unpleasant and costly part of the cleaning cycle in most workshops. Today these problems can be eliminated with the new generation Hotwash cleaning system. Features solid particle removal and oil skimmer systems to greatly increase chemical life and cut disposal costs.
Caustic cleaning has always been a necessary but unpleasant and costly part of the cleaning cycle in most workshops. Today these problems can be eliminated with the new generation Hotwash cleaning system. After dismantling your engine/gearbox etc. the parts are ready to add to the cleaning tank. No pre-cleaning is necessary. Place your parts on the platform, select the cycle time, operate the agitate switch and walk away. (Please note: The centrifugal filter and rotary disc oil skimmer are non standard on the HT800)
- Litres: 800
- Platform size: 1100mm x 700mm
- Heavy duty construction
- Tank double seam welded, plus all tank welds dye-penetrant tested
- Full insulation for reduced energy consumption
- Lower tank volume (no sludge settlement area, saves 30%)
At the end of the cycle move the job to the optional self-contained rinse bay and hose off. This rinse water is recycled and when it is contaminated, it is added back to the hot tank to replace evaporation, simply by operating one valve. Reduced cleaning times allow faster job turn around and free up your staff to do other work. 30min cleaning cycles are common and chemical life in excess of 100 months has already been experienced. Designed by the end-user for the Industry, ensuring optimum performance.
- Litres: 1600
- Platform size: 1650mm x 900mm
- Less power (30%) required to heat (not heating sludge trap volume)
- Indefinite caustic life, top ups reduced up to 75%
- No need to pre-clean parts
- Initial fill requires 30% less caustic (no sludge trap)
HT1600 Bearing Tank
The HT1600B Hot Tank is a special purpose built designed especially for cleaning of heavy duty bearings such is found in railway locomotives and carriages. The short throw stroke makes quick work of even the dirtiest bearings which have endured a hard and long life cycle. The hot caustic breaks down even the most stubborn oils and grease and in turn provided dramatic cost and time saving benefits for busy reconditioning an maintenance workshops.
- Litres: 1600
- Platform size: 1650mm x 900mm
- No more sludged up tanks
- Cleaning speed is vastly improved
- Filter cleaning time approx 10 minutes per 2 weeks
The HT2000 Hotwash agitated hot tank, shown here with optional rinse bay, is an integrated cleaning tank and centrifugal filter system, (optional on HT800) designed to replace conventional hot caustic tanks The filter unit removes waste solids from the cleaning solution during processing, and in addition the agitation cycle has been improved to increase cleaning effectiveness. Elimination of sludge deposits in the tank has enabled a consequent reduction in tank capacity of 30% over conventional hot tanks. The elimination of sludge settlement area allows a more compact design with lower working height and easier operator access.
- Litres: 2000
- Platform size: 1850mm x 950mm
- Waste solids disposal per garbage service
- The electrics are in a purpose-built steel enclosure on the left front of the tank.
- The controls are on an angled control panel for better operator visibility and access
An optional Rinse Bay, which has an integral rinse water tank and pump, can be supplied to connect to the Hot Tank. The optional Rinse Bay has a built-in 100 liter tank, pump and air over water gun which allows the rinse-off water to be recycled until contaminated, and then diverted back into the hot tank as top-up. Recycling the rinse water further reduces chemical consumption and eliminates caustic contamination of your waste water. The only consumables utilized by the Hotwash System are Electricity and a small quantity of Chemical. Maintenance consists of emptying the centrifugal filter bowl as necessary (approx 10 minutes every 14 days).
- Litres: 4,000
- Platform size: 2400mm x 1000mm
- No micro switches to fail, reed switches used for ram sensing
- Electric over pneumatic controls for simplified troubleshooting
- Pneumatic lid lift (automatic with platform or independent)
The Hotwash agitated, heavy-duty cleaning tank with centrifugal filter, is designed to replace conventional hot caustic tanks. The filter unit removes waste solids from the cleaning solution during processing, and in addition the double acting action of the pneumatic ram used for the agitation cycle increases cleaning effectiveness. Elimination of sludge deposits in the tank has enabled a consequent reduction in tank capacity of 30% over conventional hot tanks, and a more compact design with lower working height and more convenient operator access.
- Litres: 5,500
- Platform size: 2650mm x 1400mm
- Oil free pneumatic system
- Self-contained spray off bay (optional) attaches to tank, reducing spillage.
- Spent rinse water is used to top up hot tank eliminating caustic liquid waste.
Additionally the clean solution consistently delivers cleaning times of one to one and a half hours per load. Installation is straightforward and requires an electrician to make the electrical connection, mixing of the chemical and filling of the tank. All tanks are built with the option of off-peak electricity connection, which results in substantial savings on power cost.
- Litres: 10,000
- Platform size: 3700mm x 1420mm
- Rinse tanks (as opposed to rinse bays) without centrifugal filter are available.
- Custom sized tanks are available built to order.
- Long-life miniature plug-in electric relays for extended trouble-free operation
HT22,000 Static Hot Tank (With multiple Eductors for fluid circulation)
- Model – HT22000 Hot Caustic Tank
- Tank Top Opening Size – 4800 x 2400 mm
- Tank Size Overall – 5210 x 2810 x 2500, plus lid opening area
- Floor Space Required – 6000 x 6000 mm, includes lid opening area
- Dimensions of mounting recess in floor 6000 x 3500 x 1600 mm
- Basket Size – customer supplied (LxBxH) 4000 x 1500 x 915 mm Suits smaller blocks
- Chemical Volume 22,000 Litres
- Height – Ground to Top of Loading Lip 900mm i/c 200mm legs
- Total height 3000mm to top of Lid
- Note : Dimensions above allow adequate volume for bunding, plus 900mm working height of tank above ground for safe loading.
- Fluid Depth Above Floor 2000 mm
- Height Floor to Loading Lip 2300 mm
- Support Bars on floor 200 mm
- Tank Mounting Foot Height 200 mm
- Tank Sheeting 4mm Mild Steel
- Maximum Load 6000 Kg
- Agitation Caustic circulation per 400 l/min pump through manifold on tank floor
- Chemical Pump 4 kW, seal-less
- Pump Mounting Position Above ground level, flooded suction
- Lid Ram Size 2 x 75 mm
- Lid Opening Hydraulic, opens vert. with horizontal hinges
- Power Required 415V 125A 5 Wire
- Heating Element Size 12 X 6 Kw
- Current Draw (heating) 110 Amps
- Air Requirement 5 cfm @ 100 psi
- Agitation Timer Standard
- Chemical Filter 12” Centrifuge
- Oil Skimmer Disk type
- Oil Skimmer run Timer 0 – 300 hrs
- Chemical Required 2280 Kg Propower MP402 or equivalent
- Electrical Enclosure Rear Mount, above ground level, IP66 rated
- 24 volt control circuits.
- Control Panel Mounted on Left End of Tank
- Suits Engine : GM 16V645 Loco Block – Weight: 5320Kg
- Dimensions 4.2 x 1.7 x 1.7 mtr’s
- Fluid displacement possible. 800 litres
The centrifugal filter unit removes waste solids from the cleaning solution during processing. Elimination of sludge deposits in the tank enables a consequent reduction in tank capacity of 30% over conventional hot tanks, a more compact design with lower working height and more convenient operator access. Additionally the clean solution consistently delivers cleaning times of one to one and a half hours per load.
- Indefinite caustic life, top ups reduced by up to 75%;
- No need to pre-clean parts;
- No more sludged up tanks;
- Cleaning speed is vastly improved.
- Centrifugal filter cleaning time only 15 minutes approx ever week on average.
- Waste solids from the centrifugal filter are generally suitable for disposal in the industrial waste bin.
Surface oil is easily removed by means of the oil skimmer. A rotating stainless steel disc is connected to an electric motor via a worm and gear drive box. The stainless steel disc is partially submerged in the solution and slowly rotated. The surface oil adheres to the disc, is picked up from the surface and the oil is wiped off the disc by Teflon blades. These adjustable blades allow the oil to then be funneled into a drum for disposal. The oil skimming takes place when the tank is not agitating.
- Stainless steel disc enhances oil adhesion and removal resulting in massive cost saving by keeping fluid cleaner for much longer.
- Oil skimmer (along with centrifugal filter) helps ensure the life of the fluid is extended many times longer.
- The skimmer helps eliminate regular and costly fluid change resulting in considerable disposal cost savings.
- System is simple, reliable and requires little maintenance.
- Automatic timer is preset and only operates during cooling cycle increasing volume of oil removed per cycle.
- Skimming system eliminates additional after cleaning as oil does not recover parts after removal from tank saving time and money.
Don’t keep watching money go down the train with old-fashioned, wasteful (and potentially dangerous) practices. Get in touch for a FREE quote today and find out how our systems can transform your workshop. You’ve got nothing to lose and only productivity and profits to gain, guaranteed!